Comments

I post on this site less as the other demands on my time shout for attention. Just too much going on these days! I'll be back when I can, because I do live with a goddess by my side.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Gift of Love

Happy Christmas Eve to everyone. 

If you celebrate Christmas then I wish tomorrow to bring you lots of blessings.  I kind of do, celebrate it, because it's the tradition in which I was raised.  Family traditions are hard to phase out.

And I am in the midst of a Christian family for this holiday, so am being smothered in all the things that that entails.  I have no trouble meeting them on praise for Jesus, who was a wonderful loving "enlightened" teacher...with some really wise ideas which have become part of our society for a couple of thousand years.  That speaks pretty highly of his message.

I think that many enlightened teachers have offered us similar messages over time.  And when I see a picture of Christ smiling in benevolence, or Quan Yin, or the Buddha, or Meher Baba, or many other enlightened ones, I realize how their love is the message that this season is truly promoting.  It's not the gift of things, but the gift of love we can offer to each other.

1 comment:

Folkways Note Book said...

I think of the holidays as the Soltice. A rebirth of light. Such traditions of rebirth belong to many religions as you point out. I like your open-mindedness about enlightenment --- barbara