Comments

I post on this site less as the other demands on my time shout for attention. Just too much going on these days! I'll be back when I can, because I do live with a goddess by my side.

Friday, December 12, 2014

Sharing a sad idea

I'm sharing this
because I'd just spent a week in "civilization" the paved world that my son and his kids live in.  I did insist on a walk in nature one day...and it felt so good for me.  My granddaughter could only relate to the swing sets on a playground, and she's 16.

Trees?  Flooded river?  Natural spring?  Seeing a crane preening? Not so much.

A couple of days ago I read this blog...
Nature is for the rich. This is a fundamental belief of Capitalism. If you are rich, then you are entitled to natural beauty and spiritual morning walks. If you are not rich, then nature is a magnanimous gift the rich can bestow upon you when they feel like it.
This is an excerpt from her posting.  Thanks Asa West for your insights, at Shahkinah Calling.

I do believe being a pagan, loving and being inspired by nature, is inherently everyone's right.  But access is sometimes a bit more difficult for those who just have their survival needs met at the basic levels.  This is something we have to stand up for, I think.

No comments: