Comments

I post on this site less as the other demands on my time shout for attention. Just too much going on these days! I'll be back when I can, because I do live with a goddess by my side.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Glorious Women All

I'm going to give you the link to a book, available free on-line, of about 18 sermons about women, prize winners all. And the competition was just for  sermons about women.  

The first was given in 1985, and the last in 2004.  The Ministerial Sisterhood Unitarian Universalist was started in 1974 to encourage more women in ministry.  In the first 25 years of it's work the UU churches changed from having less than 5% of the ordained UU ministers being women, till in 1999 there were 51%.  

Don't miss reading the introduction also, which tracks the progress of changes from earliest times of women as ministers to when the book was written in 2004.

http://www.harvardsquarelibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Glorious_Women_all.pdf

I haven't read all these sermons yet myself.  It's my reading for the next few days however.

First is one about Louisa May Alcott.  I see in the Table of Contents another author, May Sarton, and other familiar names like Dorothea Dix, and  Jane Addams, and abolitionist, Lydia Maria Child.

I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: