Comments

I post on this site less as the other demands on my time shout for attention. Just too much going on these days! I'll be back when I can, because I do live with a goddess by my side.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Be wild

Borrowed from Facebook.

This dovetails nicely to my reading of "Glorious Women," a sermon from the free on-line book of sermons which won prizes, by Rev. Dorothy Wilson Kimble. (the entire PDF file was linked yesterday here.) It won the sermon award for 1992.  Part of the reason I read this one was that Rev. Kimble was born in the same year I was.  But this is one of the most powerful woman-authenticating sermons I've ever read (or heard.)

I quote...


From Mary Daly on answering the call of the wild.  She writes:

Enspiriting is hearing and following the call of the wild, which is in the Self.  The call to wild-ize our Selves, to free and unfreeze our Selves is a wild and fantastic calling to transfer our energy to our Selves and to Sister Selves…Wild means “living in a state of nature; inhabiting natural haunts: not tamed or domesticated…”  It means “growing…not cultivated…not subjected to restraint or regulation…exceeding conventional bounds…deviating from the expected course…great in intensity.

Source: Mary Daly, Gyn/Ecology: The Metaethics of Radical Feminism (Boston: Beacon Press, 1978), 343-344.
 



2 comments:

Folkways Note Book said...

Barbara -- did not know your had this blog until I noticed it today. I have read Mary Daly and loved her radical remarks. Thanks -- barbara

Barbara Rogers said...

I gave away my Mary Daly book, because I just got so mad whenever I read it! Glad to have you visit here. I'm not exactly promoting it, but have found some friends stumble into this site...and I love working on it!