Comments

I post on this site less as the other demands on my time shout for attention. Just too much going on these days! I'll be back when I can, because I do live with a goddess by my side.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Osun celebration

A PBS show about Osun, one of a series about various religious rituals...is available on PBS.org until Jan 28.
http://video.pbs.org/video/2365384458/

Watch this one to learn about Osun, (say Oshune) the goddess of the waters, from the Yoruba people of Nigeria.

And go to Nigeria with Americans who are to be initiated as Priestesses and attend the annual Osun festival.  If you don't have time to watch the whole 55 minutes, you'll miss some snippets of how a goddess religion has endured, traveled, and adapted.

I have friends in Asheville, NC who celebrate Osun and have rituals by the waters in our North Carolina mountains...but they didn't get into this movie.  I'll post some pictures of our rituals though soon.

No comments: